Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Hunting 2008

2008 was our most successful hunt ever! Two deer in one year! Is that even legal?

This year Bill showed extreme manly hunting prowess by seeing game every day, pushing one deer right to me so that I had to shoot it just to defend myself and then calling in his own deer and chasing it down on foot.

Bill, John & I have each gotten deer within the last two years. I counted that I've hunted 10 years in Maine and this is my first deer shot there. The first bullet I've ever fired in the woods there actually.

Photo 1: Bill saw a moose on the first day on the east side of Millinocket Lake.
Photo 2: Millinocket Lake from Pelletier's camp.
Photo 3: Gourmet meals every night!
Photo 4: Jeff w/buck.
Photo 5: Bill w/deer.
Photo 6: Camp with accoutrements.
Photo 7: Showing pride on the ride home.





































4 comments:

JKTidd said...

Note: Click on a photo to get a larger view.

Nathan Tidd said...

I enjoy the image of my older brothers trolling the streets of Millinocket with two kills tied to the roof, strutting into the station like multiple John Travoltas, Bees Gees tunes blasted down from the heavens...

Allison said...

Ummm...is it just me or do they all look very tan. They also look like they were recently swimming in warm water.

Allison said...

Jeff, you got a buck and Bill only got a deer? Is there a story there? Congrats to the hunters! We are enjoying your bounty, thanks for sharing.