Sunday, October 24, 2010

Another reason to visit

Emmaline, Elliot and I took a quick trip up to Yellowstone last weekend. It's only a five hour drive - you could easily include it as part of your UT trip...

Yellowstone is basically a big volcano. Over 2/3 of all geysers in the world are there. Elliot had some concern that the volcano was gonna blow while we were there but fortunately that didn't happen. We did get a picture of him in front of a geyser spewing 200+ degree water - hotter than boiling water because of the pressure.

Photos of some highlights below.... we saw a momma grizzly (no, not Sarah Palin) and two cubs but unfortunately didn't get a photo of that...











1 comment:

EKTidd said...

I did not expect the colors in the geyser like in the first picture--amazing.

I'd like to see a grizzly, but while I am sitting in a vehicle.

OHHH...I want to go there!

Great photos--thanks for sharing! Mom