Thursday, February 24, 2011

Missing any mail?

This year it'll be ten years since we bought the Sprucewood house. Recently we rented it out and had all mail forwarded to Utah. Weeks went by and no mail arrived. Finally the US Mail service managed to get one piece to us... addressed to William Tidd of Tirel Corporation.

Then came the Christmas card to Betty & Jim Tidd from their good friends the Ewells who live in the town next to us here in Utah. It was strange getting a card that had traveled so far for someone else and from someone so close. We didn't get many Christmas cards this year so it was appreciated nonetheless.

Since then we've gotten shopping fliers for Cy, a BYU magazine for John, something for Allan (can't remember what) and an AARP card for.... well, let's not reveal anyone's age here...

The really strange thing is why we don't get anything for Allison. Doesn't she care about us?

Oh, and eventually we did get some mail for Jeff & Monique Tidd.

3 comments:

Allison said...

Um, Jeff, you are completely hilarious. I'm impressed that you can remember who you are after getting mail with so many names on it. As for not receiving any mail for me, I would like to think it is because I am really on top of using the correct address and my brothers are not, but I'm sure it has more to do with using a married name. I get Allison Tidd mail with my Allison Angus mail. Sometimes I don't know who I am either.

Allison said...

The big question is then, why didn't you get any mail for Nathan?

JKTidd said...

I got so confused writing the blog I forgot that we haven't gotten any mail for Nathan either.